Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Inferno

Come with me she said, she promised to take me to a world I could hardly believe.
We walked through space and time, and appeared in a starving village, the pain was unbelievable, the bodies in catabolysis slowly breaking down all the fat and muscle in the body, eventually the organ tissues will be broken down by the body as it attempts to preserve itself. We sat down next to a poor child, in death throws, the sight was almost too much for me to bare. I told the guide this was awful what had these people done, she laughed and told me that they had refused to join a band of militants, so the militants burned all the crops and killed the livestock.
We left the village to continue our exploration. We stopped over in a desert, there were men in camouflage killing young children. The green men had powerful guns, and the children had rocks they were throwing at the big men. It was an awful sight. The guide told me this cruelty exists because of greed. The masters of the men in green are obsessed with the gooey decomposition of ancient creatures. The masters would kill anyone just for a few drops of it.
We stopped over in a cafe in some beautiful country. I wondered what the guide could be showing me here. Silent she just pointed at a young boy being followed by two officers of the state, the boy began walking faster, obviously frightened. The officers began to match his speed, so the boy began to run, and one of them dove onto him, they cracked him a few time with their baton. There was blood everywhere, the officer got up, but the boy didn't, his head had been cracked open, either when the officer dropped him to the pavement or from the clubbing of the batons. I asked my guide what this could mean. She told me this is mans inhumanity, they'll kill others because they're different.
Next we were in a factory, the workers were striking, the management and its partners the law enforcement were trying to brake it up. The enforcers first opened up with the water cannon, and the workers still hadn't dispersed, so they gassed the place. The workers panicked and rushed the line trying to get out of the gas but the officers kept blocking them, at one point a shot was fired. Thirty factory workers were killed, left choking on poison gas. I inquired of my guide what had they wanted, she told me that factory owner had cut wages in half so he good vacation in the Caribbean, the workers just wanted their old wages back, so at least they could feed their families.
Next we walked through the streets of a large city, covered with brilliant beautiful buildings. I couldn't imagine what would be so wrong here, it looked as if these people had everything. My guide took me down the street to see the beggars, the addicts, the prostitutes, all cast aside by the city as it grows and tramples others below it. I saw a man with no legs just begging for enough money for a sandwich, the businessmen in designer suits who walked by mumbled he would probably just spend it on boos. I looked at the guide and understood.
Hell is right here, and we are the devils. We are the engineers of worse suffering than even Dante could have imagined. Does that make you feel proud? No, I suppose you just don't care, turn on your television And try to forget the cost of what you have. Try not to picture the child with only one good hand left who made your shoes. Don't think about the people who are dying of starvation while you are gorging at McHate.

No comments:

Post a Comment